Known for their warm and welcoming dance culture, NUS Dance Synergy started as the Jazz Ballet Group in 1978. Under the direction of Singapore dance luminary Mr Fan Dong Kai and Albert Tiong, Synergy has grown into a dynamic dance group that strives to promote dance as a modern art form that incorporates elements of Jazz, modern, lyrical, and contemporary dance.
Focusing on the values of responsibility, discipline and self-confidence, its dancers undergo elementary and intermediate technique training weekly, with a progressive framework that allows them to continuously improve and excel in contemporary dance.
As a group nested in the community, Synergy also believes it has the potential to effect social change through the medium of dance. Since 2015, Synergy has adopted a Corporate Social Integration (CSI) effort, which includes dance workshops and interaction sessions organised for the elderly and teenagers.
Key Past Events
- 2010 Preview performance, Ballet Under the Stars, Singapore Dance Theatre at Fort Canning Park
- 2011Performance at Formula 1 SingTel Singapore Grand Prix with Studio Festi, Italy
- 2014Traces in collaboration with RE:Dance Theatre, NUS Arts Festival
- 2015Performance for the China Film Festival at Shaw Foundation Alumni House
- 2016Performance at National Centre for the Performing Arts, China under Chun Hua Qi Shi series
Key Past Achievements
- 2012Production of the Year, Tan Ean Kiam Arts Awards with Hereafter
- 2014Production of the Year, Tan Ean Kiam Arts Awards with Traces
- 2016Outstanding Community Service Award, Tan Ean Kiam Arts Awards