Founded in 1981, NUS Harmonica Orchestra (NUSHO) has evolved from an instrumental ensemble to become a unique orchestra that incorporates other orchestral instruments, and now has an extensive repertoire ranging from oriental folk music to classical symphonic works to pop, jazz and film music.
NUSHO has a highly decorated history, regularly winning medals at the Asia Pacific Harmonica Festival, and performing in events such as the Singapore Youth Olympic Games City Celebrations. Always eager to do their part to inspire young musicians in Singapore, NUSHO has also organised the Singapore Youth Harmonica Festival twice.
Additionally, NUSHO firmly believes in providing a comprehensive and progressive music education for all its members, regardless of their music background. As part of this vision, NUSHO provides structured training programmes to equip and enable its members to perform to their very best. Senior members are also given opportunities to participate in both regional and international competitions.
Key Past Events
- 2010Performance in Youth Olympics Games Singapore at Marina Promontory
- 2015NUS ExxonMobil Campus Concerts highlight Impressions - Zest!
- 2016Annual concert Soirée: In Commemoration of Mr Lee Kuan Yew
Key Past Achievements
- 2010Gold Award in Open Harmonica Orchestra, 8th Asia Pacific Harmonica Festival, Singapore
- 2011Tan Ean Kiam Arts Awards Group of the Year
- 201219 medals at the Asia Pacific Harmonica Festival
- 201411 gold medals at Asia Pacific Harmonica Festival