The Theatre, which seats up to 455, is a cosy venue for both artists and audiences. Fully retractable seating and lighting bars encourage innovative staging configurations, allowing the artist to manipulate performances in a versatile and flexible space.
The more intimate construction of the theatre facilitates a greater degree of resonance within the space to the considerable benefit of performances involving un-amplified speech and music. This makes the Theatre perfect for smaller scale events that require closeness and interaction between performers and the audience.
- Maximum seating includes six wheelchair spaces on the stalls level
- Proscenium is 11.8m (width) by 7m (height). Performance area is 11.8m (width) by 10.8m (depth)
- 6 dressing rooms with capacity ranging from 6-8 persons available across two levels
- 2 soloist rooms available upon request at S$100 per day per room (ensuite toilet and shower)
- Pantry area for food and drinks
Our operations technicians are qualified in the areas of lighting, sound, video and flying / staging. Loading dock (1.15m height) can accommodate three trucks with 7m access along the dock. Direct stage loading access through the scenery store with the external door limited to 3m in height and 2.7m wide.
- Limited to stalls level
- Toilet facilities available
NUS is a smoke-free campus. Smoking is strictly prohibited within and surrounding UCC.